Former Bloomberg Marketing Manager, Ian O’Sullivan, brings over 20 years of experience to Backpacker Films as a brand development strategist, marketing campaign manager, copywriter, photographer and VIP event producer. Ian’s passion for travel has led him on solo adventures to live and study across the world in over 25 nations. He’s currently fulfilling a childhood dream of producing reality-adventure entertainment content that informs and inspires others to explore the world and make it a better place.
Prior to Bloomberg, Ian’s highlights include:
- 1992 – Assistant Interpreter for NBC at the Barcelona Olympics.
- 1995 – Guest Scholar at the University of Granada Translation Academy with a Goodwill Ambassador Scholarship from Rotary International.
- 1998 – Guest Liaison at the World Exposition in Lisbon for the Principality of Andorra.
- 2012/13 – Multiple completions of the world’s most challenging Iron Man competitions.
- 2014 – Co-Founder of Alternative Escapes http://alternativeescapes.com/ specializing in the concept of “Frontier Travel”, which takes clients on private adventures to unique locations that few -or no- travelers have visited before.
- (2016) Marketing Partnership with the Bhutan Olympic Committee for the Tour of the Dragon Bicycling Race. (Ian not only competed and finished the challenging race, but created international commercial content for the Kingdom).